Many people question why they should buy from small businesses. After all, the prices are likely higher and it may take longer to actually receive them. But, when you buy from a small business you are showing love and support for someone trying to give an option that is good quality and made with love.
All of our products are handmade and quality tested. Large corporation often do not take the time to ensure every product is just how they want it to be. We make all of our products with the customer in mind and heart. This does not mean that large companies do not think about their customers. Large companies often do think abut their customers, but they are also generally in search of more profit for their products.
To get these high profits these companies will often go for cheaper materials. These cheaper materials are often of a lower quality. For example, many large scale candle companies will use paraffin wax to make their candles. This wax greatly heightens their profits, but lowers the quality of their candles and puts their consumers in danger. (see our blog post on the dangers of paraffin wax for more details)
Today we wanted to talk about candle safety. Many people do not see this as a serious issue, but many people have lost homes and lives from unsafe candle use.
First we will talk about where to burn your favorite candles. This includes jar candles, candle melts, and candles without containers. Anything involving fire and/or hot wax should be kept off the ground and at a safe height. We recommend candles and melts be kept high enough that children and pets can not reach them. Hot wax and fire could cause very serious injuries to loved ones and should never be something you should worry about having in the house. Decorative candle holders should always be sturdy and trusted not to fall causing accidents.
To extinguish a candle the best method is always to snuff out the flame with a snuffer. Blowing on a flame or using water can splatter hot wax or cause a flame flare up. A candle should always be put out before you leave a room unattended for a long period of time. If you need to leave a room a candle should never be carried to a new room. This can cause your hand to be burnt due to a hot jar or cause the hot wax inside to splash.
For more safety tips we recommend you go to this link: http://candles.org/fire-safety-candles/candle-safety-rules/